Ruth
1: 12-19 & 3:1-5
Luke
14:25-33
Her
Background
- A heathen
- Of Moabites origin- Deut. 23:3
- Heard about the God of Israel via a disobedient disciple
- Decided early not to halt between God and Baal
- Surrendered ownership of her life and womb to the God of Israel
- The lineage of Christ found continuity
- An unlikely candidate who found favour with God and man
Luke 1:4 [My purpose is] that you may know the full truth and understand with certainty and security against error the accounts (histories) and doctrines of the faith of which you have been informed and in which you have been orally instructed.
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any person is
[ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature
altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away.
Behold, the fresh and new has come!
Ruth 1:16-17“Entreat me not to leave you,
Or to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And
wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God,
my God. 17 Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do
so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me.”- We plead for mercy where we’ve halted between God and mammon so much that Your life output through us has been curtailed and stunted.
- I make a definite decision today to follow and go all the way with Jesus. I will not halt between God and Mammon.
- Open my eyes to see and know that my life is a borrowed life and my womb is for the purpose of birthing in travail the purposes of God via intercession.
- God’s people will be my people- Sever me Lord from the Adamic race.
- Grant me grace as a branch to remain grafted, abiding and fruitful inside Christ. May I never walk out on Jesus
And she said to her, “All that you say to me I will do.”
- That I am enabled to daily live a life of total obedience
- Help me fully come into discipleship so that Christ’s life can be completely formed and crystallised in me.
- Grant me understanding that discipleship is simply my journey to becoming like Jesus. Do not allow me take this likely.
- Make me resolute and courageous in fulfilling all the pre-requisite of discipleship so that I can also fulfil the full extent of my destiny.