Join this HeartCry Prayer- Every Tuesday 11.30am-2.30pm (UK time)
MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS, A CARRIER OF
GOD, OUR MENTOR IN THE SCHOOL OF TRAVAIL WHO CLUNG TO GOD UNTIL MR INIQUITY WAS
NAILED TO THE CROSS.
Jeremiah 4:31 NIV
"I hear a cry as
of a WOMAN in labour (travail), a groan (anguish) as of one
bearing (bringing forth, giving birth) to her first child-- the
cry (voice) of Daughter Zion (that bewails herself) gasping for breath (air), stretching out
(reaching out) her hands for help and saying:"
1. "Alas! I am
fainting; my life is given over to murderers." (NIV)
2. "Help! I'm
being murdered!" (NLT)
3. "Ah, woe is
me, for I faint (fainting) before murderers." (NASB)
4. "Woe is me
now! for my soul (life) is wearied because of murderers." (KJV)
5. "Woe is me!
I'm about to faint in front of killers!" (ISV)
6. "How horrible
it is for us! We're defenceless in the presence of murderers!" (GW)
7. "Woe is me,
for my soul hath fainted because of them that are slain." (Douay-Rheims Bible)
Jeremiah
10:19
I hear the cry of the physically and spiritually wounded saying:
"Woe to me because of my injury!
My wound is incurable!" Yet, I said to myself, "This is my sickness,
and I must endure it."
Jeremiah
13:21 NLT
"What will you
say when the LORD takes the allies you have cultivated and
appoints them as your rulers? Pangs of anguish will grip you,
like those of a woman in labour!"
I hear the cry of a Kingdom Labourer saying:
"O Lord do not
REPLACE ME, HELP ME."
Hang on; do not be discouraged for help
is on the way.
Jeremiah
22:23
"You who live in 'Lebanon,' who
are nestled in cedar buildings, how you will groan when pangs (a sudden feeling of
mental or emotional distress or longing: a pang of remorse; a pang of desire. A
sudden, brief, sharp pain or physical sensation; hunger pangs come upon
you) like that of a woman in labor!"
I hear the cry of the rich young ruler in Mark 10:21; the OTHER
Disciples in John 6:35-70 when they were told the truth.
"With man this is impossible but
with God ALL things are possible."
Hang on; do not be discouraged for help
is on the way.
Jeremiah
30:6
"Ask and see: Can a man bear
children? Then why do I see every strong man with his hands on his stomach like
a woman in labor, every face turned deathly pale?"
I hear the cry of a Gideon, a strong man who cannot bear children, with
his hands on his stomach like a woman in travail crying for help. Can a man
bear children?
Hang on; do not be discouraged for help
is on the way.
Jeremiah 4:31 Young's Literal Translation
"For a voice as
of a sick woman I have heard, Distress, as of one bringing forth a first-born,
The voice of the daughter of Zion, She bewaileth herself, she spreadeth out her
hands, 'Woe to me now, for weary is my soul of slayers!'"
Hang on; do not be discouraged for help
is on the way.
The cry of a: NATION, CHILD, HOME, MARRIAGE, MINISTRY, GIDEON, PRODIGAL
CHILD, MAN, PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS, PERSECUTED CHILDREN ,WOMAN, LOST SHEEP, LOST
COIN, KINGDOM LABOURER in PAIN.
Hang on; do not be discouraged for help
has come.
For thus says the Lord:
Isaiah 42:14 (ALL TRANSLATIONS)
14a I have certainly stayed silent for a
long time, (kept silent, held My peace, long been silent), I have been
still (quiet) and restrained (held back) Myself.
14b BUT NOW I will CRY
OUT like a woman in labor (travail), I will GROAN and cry like
a woman delivering her child, in childbirth), ALL OF A SUDDEN I will (PANT, DESTROY,
DEVOUR and GASP BREATHLESSLY at once.
Isaiah 42:15-17
15 I will lay waste the mountains and hills, and dry
up all their vegetations;
I will make the rivers coastlands, and I will dry up the pools.
16 I will bring the blind by a way they did not know;
I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light
before them, and crooked places straight.
These things I will do for them, and not forsake them.
These things I will do for them, and not forsake them.
17 They shall be turned back, They shall be greatly
ashamed, Who trust in carved images,
Who say to the moulded images, ‘You are our gods.’
Who say to the moulded images, ‘You are our gods.’
The verses we have
just read shows the heart cry of a woman in travail. The heart cries of NATIONS, CHILDREN,
HOMES, MARRIAGES, MINISTRIES, OUR GIDEONS, PRODIGAL CHILDREN, MEN, PERSECUTED
CHRISTIANS, PERSECUTED CHILDREN, WOMEN, and KINGDOM LABOURERS, LOST SHEEP, LOST
COIN etc in PAIN waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God (US).
It also shows us what
happens when God decides to travail. It tells us what God will do when He
decides to cry out through us when we become a carrier of Him; when we make our
wombs available for Him to incubate, like Mary the mother of Jesus.
Luke 1:31-33
31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a
Son, and shall call His name Jesus. 32 He will be
great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give
Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign
over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom
there will be no end.
Consider the following questions:
A. What makes God to travail?
1. When God’s silence
has been taken for granted. (Isaiah 42:14)
2. When the cup of
iniquities of God’s enemies are full. (Genesis 15:16)
3. When God wants to
give birth to a new thing. (Isaiah 43:19)
4. When God wants to
change a situation or circumstance around. (Matthew 1:21)
We need this from God now.
B. What does God do when He travails?
Isaiah 42:15-17
1. He lays waste their
mountains and hills, and dry up all their vegetation.
2. He makes their rivers
coastlands, and dries up their pools.
3. He causes confusion
both physical and spiritual in form of blindness to the enemies by bringing
them through a way they will not know; leading them in paths they have not
known, making darkness light before them, and crooked places straight.
4. He disappoints them
and cause them to be greatly ashamed, those who trust in carved images, who say
to the moulded images, ‘You are our gods.’
These are what we need because of the events happening around us. So,
what is holding God back from fulfilling His promises? Men and Women who
will stand in the Gap (US).
C. Why do we need travailing women / men ?
1. God desires it. He
needs a righteous man or woman who will always stand in the gap. Someone with a
spiritual or physical womb. (Ezekiel 22:30, Psalm 106:23)
2. He needs a vessel to
walk / work with because He is a Spirit being. (John 4:24, John
1:14)
D. What are the qualities for this appointment?
MARY, the mother of Jesus in her own time did the following:
Luke 1:26-51
Qualities to be found in a Travailing person
1. She was a virgin, her womb
was ready to carry and bring forth, that is, evacuated from the
works of Mr. flesh. Galatians 5:19-21
2. She feared God; she was sensitive,
observant and attentive. Luke 1:29
3. She found favour with
God Luke 1:30 by not doing Proverbs 6:16-19, Proverbs 7:1-5.
4. She was very sincere. Luke 1:34
5. She was physically and
spiritually ready for the incubation of the Holy Spirit and the
overshadowing of the most high God. Luke 1:35
6. She was humble and a woman of faith.
She accepted the call of God; she trembled at God’s words. Luke 1:38, Isaiah
66:2
7. She did not waste time
(procrastinate) with the instruction. Luke 1:39
8. She was a lowly,
grateful / thankful person. She saw it as a privilege. Luke 1:48 , John
6:44
9. She was a devoted
Jew, ensuring Jesus was at the Synagogue to read /study the scripture. John 7:15 -19
10. She executed
judgment rightly and sought the truth. Jeremiah 5:1
11. She obeyed the law of
the land and God's law, who gave her the burden. In fulfilling this,
she gave rest to other burden carrier like Simeon and Anna, a
prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel. Luke 2:25-38
The confidence we have today, just like Mary had, is that the Lord has
promised in Isaiah 42:14
14b BUT NOW I will CRY
OUT like a woman in labor (travail), I will GROAN and cry like
a woman delivering her child, in childbirth), ALL OF A SUDDEN I will (PANT, DESTROY,
DEVOUR and GASP BREATHLESSLY at once.
So, as joint heir with Him, we are also going to cry out like a
travailing woman praying the following prayers on behalf of the:
NATIONS, CHILDREN, HOMES, MARRIAGES, MINISTRIES, OUR GIDEONS, PRODIGAL
CHILDREN, MEN, PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS, PERSECUTED CHILDREN, WOMEN, KINDOM
LABOURERS, LOST SHEEP, LOST COIN in PAIN waiting for our manifestation as
men and women of God who have chosen to stand in gap.
We are going to pray and cry out:
Isaiah 42:15-17
1. O Lord, lay
waste the mountains and the hills of every power troubling the Israel of Your (chose from the
list above) in Jesus name.
2. Dry up all their
vegetations, their pools and make their rivers coastlands in Jesus'
name.
3. Bring the blind by a
way they did not know and lead them in paths they have not known in the name of
Jesus.
4. Make darkness light
before them and crooked places straight.
5. Make them turn back,
make them greatly ashamed, all those who trust in carved images,
6. who say to the
moulded images, ‘You are our gods.’
7. Lord, count me worthy
to stand in the gap for revival in Jesus' name.
8. In your search for
someone to stand in the gap for You, please count me worthy to be among those
You will choose.
9. O Lord, make me
available for Your service.
10. O Lord, make me a
travailing woman / man.
11. Empower me to always
stand in the gap for Your use until Christ is fully formed in me.
Join this HeartCry Prayer- Every Tuesday 11.30am-2.30pm (UK time)