Restoration of Lost Glory in our Homes
We are praying for restoration in our homes, in our children’s lives etc.
Last week we saw in Deuteronomy 11 God’s expectations from us parents and our children
Which are:To love the Lord our God, keep His charge, His statues, His judgement and His commandments ALWAYS. These we can find in the life of Jesus Christ.
We saw that it is OUR RESPONSIBILITY; to take heed to our selves, lay His words in our HEART and SOUL, write them down so that we will not be deceived, bind them for a sign upon our hand so that they may be as frontlets between our eyes.
It is our responsibility to teach them to our children, speak about it to them at all times that is in our sitting, walking, laying and waking up with them.
We are to write these laws on the doorposts and gates of our houses.
What God will do in return when we obey Him? He will:
Make us strong to possess our possessions in the land He will give us
Prolong both our days and that of our children
Multiply our days and that of our children as the days of heaven upon the earth.
Wisdom; Build your house/ home on the Rock, Two Kinds of People.
Matthew 7:24-29 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) 24 “Whoever hears these teachings of mine and obeys them is like a wise man who built his house on rock. 25 It rained hard, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house. But it did not fall because it was built on rock. 26 “Whoever hears these teachings of mine and does not obey them is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 It rained hard, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house. And it fell with a loud crash.” Advice from the Master Jesus.
In building and restoring our homes; let’s learn wisdom from the life of Job.
Job 29 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) Job continued to speak: 2 “I wish my life could be the same as it was a few months ago, when God watched over me and cared for me.3 God’s light shined above me, so I could walk through the darkness. 4 I wish for the days when I was successful, when I enjoyed God’s friendship and blessing in my home. 5 God All-Powerful was still with me then, and my children were all around me. 6 Life was so good that I washed my feet in cream and had plenty of the finest oils. 7 “Those were the days when I went to the city gate and sat in the public meeting of the elders. 8 When the young men saw me coming, they stepped out of my way. And the old men stood up to show they respected me. 9 The leaders of the people stopped talking and put their hands over their mouths. 10 Even the most important leaders were quiet, as if their tongues were stuck to the roof of their mouths.11 All who heard me said good things about me. Those who saw what I did praised me, 12 because I helped the poor when they cried out. I helped the orphans who had no one to care for them. 13 People who were dying asked God to bless me. My help brought joy to widows in need. 14 Right living was my clothing. Fairness was my robe and turban. 15 I was like eyes for the blind, like feet for the crippled.16 I was like a father to the poor. I helped people I didn’t even know win their case in court.
17 I stopped evil people from abusing their power and saved innocent people from them. 18 “I always thought I would live a long life, growing old with my family around me.19 I was like a healthy plant with roots that have plenty of water and branches that are wet with dew
This in summary was the life of Job that made God to be proud of him. But for Job to give God back His glory; there were lots of I, ME, MY in the testimonies of Job. May be that was why he had to go through training to remove SELF from his life. So we want to ask God for this type of life in our family; but not with SELF like Job but WITH Jesus.
Psalm 126:1- 6 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) 1It will be like a dream when the Lord comes back with the captives of Zion.2 We will laugh and sing happy songs! Then the other nations will say, “The Lord did a great thing for Zion!” 3 Yes, we will be happy because the Lord did a great thing for us. 4 So, Lord, bring back the good times, like a desert stream filled again with flowing water.5 Then those who were sad when they planted will be happy when they gather the harvest! 6 Those who cried as they carried the seeds will be happy when they bring in the crops! In Jesus name Amen.
Let’s Pray: We will use “OUR” because our home is God’s home in Jesus name.
By the precious blood of your Son Jesus Christ; please Lord bring back the good times, like a desert stream filled again with flowing water in our home in Jesus name. Let it be for us again happiness for sadness and beauty for ashes in Jesus name.
Continue to watch over, care for us and let your light shine in and above us, so we could walk through the darkness again in Jesus name.
Father, please restore back your friendship and blessing in our home in Jesus name.
Restore back into our home all our lost glory in the name of Jesus.
Please Lord, make my life, and our home a safe haven for the poor’s heart cries both physically and spiritually in Jesus name.
O Lord my Father, please put in my heart and that of our home to always look out for the Orphans around us to help them in Jesus name.
O Lord my Father, please let your help in me and that of our home bring joy to the widows in need from today henceforth in Jesus name.
My Father in heaven please make right living our clothing and Fairness our robe and turban in our home in Jesus name.
O Lord my Father, please make our home like eyes for the blind, like feet for the crippled, like a father to the poor in Jesus name.
Please make every member of our family help to people we don’t even know in Jesus name.
O Lord my Father, please let each day bring more honour and new possibilities for our family in Jesus name.
Please make us like a healthy plant with roots that have plenty of water and branches that are wet with dew at all times in Jesus name.
Thank you Lord for hearing our heart cries today in Jesus name Amen.